We always want to stay prepared and so to do that here is a list of facts and weather history to have us well suited for any upcoming weather.
- North Carolina averages 26 tornadoes, 3 tornado fatalities, and 39 tornado injuries each year.
- April is the peak month for tornadoes in the state. A secondary peak occurs in November.
- Tornadoes occur more frequently in the afternoon and early evening but can develop any time of day or night. The deadliest time for tornadoes can be at night since it is more difficult to be alerted of warnings that are issued.
- Severe storms don't have to produce tornadoes to be deadly. Straight-line wind gusts from severe storms can cause extensive damage similar to that of a tornado.
- In the last 5 years, 16 people have been killed and another 70 injured by straight-line winds from severe thunderstorms in North Carolina.
- A storm is classified as severe if it produces damaging winds or hail one inch in diameter or larger.
- In the last 5 years, baseball-sized has been reported 8 times in North Carolina. Golf ball size hail has been reported 200 times.
Make sure you have great shelter, which should be sturdy, small, and windowless at the lowest point of the building. A basement is a great example. If you don’t have a basement, a bathroom or hallway and even a closet will do just fine as well.
Stay informed and stay protected.
If your home or business suffers any damage from a storm, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews 704.847.8001
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO East Mecklenburg / Matthews 704.847.8001
SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews is Always Available
SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
24-Hour Emergency Service
Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
Locally Owned and Operated
Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Whether your Whittier home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
Water Damage Restoration
Fire Damage Restoration
Storm Damage Restoration
There's never a convenient time for fire or water damage to strike commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
Commercial Water Damage Restoration
Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Have Questions? Call Us Today – 704.847.8001
Faster to Any Size Disaster
SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews is here to quickly help get your business back up and running after a disaster. When you need a quick response, call us! We understand there's no such thing as a small emergency when it can negatively impact occupant safety, revenue loss and business continuity.
Timely mitigation is key to minimizing damage, business interruptions and recovery costs. You and those who depend on you will appreciate the rapid response, expertise and training that enables SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews to help get your facility back into operation quickly.
We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. The sooner we arrive, the better chance we can reduce damage and save money.
If your business in the Mecklenburg or Matthews area suffers a water or fire loss, call us at 704-847-8001.
Way To Prevent Water Damage
Here at SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews, we are water damage specialists, and we compiled a small list on how to prevent water damage from happening often in your home:
- Clean Gutters and Downspouts - Clean your gutters at least twice a year to avoid blockage. Standing water can cause damage to your gutters and roof. Don’t forget to clean downspouts to ensure water can flow through, and secure downspouts so that they point away from the home.
- Know your Water Main - Know the location of your water main and shut it off if you leave for an extended amount of time.
- Check Appliances Regularly - Check and maintain your appliances regularly for leaks according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Investigate Leaks Right Away and Fix Promptly - If you choose to ignore any water damage, or postpone making the necessary repairs, be prepared to experience mold, mildew, dry rot, or even structural damage to your home.
- Upgrade Washing Machine Hoses - Old, brittle or leaky washing machine hoses are among the most frequent causes of water loss for homeowners. Replace yours often throughout the year to avoid expensive damage.
- Check Your Water Pressure - If the water pressure to your home is too high, then your pipes and hoses may fail under the high pressure. Buy a water pressure gauge at a local hardware store, attach it to an outside faucet, and turn the faucet to full force. The gauge will give you a reading of the home’s water pressure. Typical homes water systems are designed for a pressure of 40 – 70 psi. Anything above 70 psi will put your plumbing at risk.
- Monitor Your Water Bill - Sometimes, the only way you know that water is leaking is taking a closer look at your water bill. If your usage jumps significantly from one month to the next, then there is probably a leak somewhere in the home.
If you do unfortunately experience water damage, we are here to help. Call us at 704-847-8001.
Emergency Damage Process Overview
EMERGENCY DAMAGE PROCESS OVERVIEW
- Within one hour from notice of loss, SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews will contact you to arrange for service. You will know help is on the way!
- Within four hours of loss notification, a SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews Professional will be on-site to start mitigation services. The key to reducing damage and saving money is responding quickly to damage.
- A trained, uniformed and equipped SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews professional will walk you through the job process step-by-step, explaining what to expect and the anticipated outcome.
- A SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews professional will begin pretesting for restorability, working from the source of the damage outward.
- Within eight business hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the appropriate person, normally the adjuster or property manager.
CLEANING AND RESTORATION
- SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews will work neatly and efficiently to help you regain control of your property when a damaging event has taken over. They will use state of the art restoration techniques to ensure the property is taken care of right the first time.
- After the work has been completed, a final walk-through will be conducted to help ensure satisfaction.
Call SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews for your emergency needs! 704-847-8001
Matthews Water Damage Advice and Information
How and Why SERVPRO Can Restore Your Matthews Water Damaged Home
If water damage in Matthews has left you with an unwanted mess, you should consider professional water restoration services to get your home back in order. Once more than a small puddle has accumulated on your floor, and more than a mop and bucket are required for cleaning up, call the professionals from SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews. Their services will restore your property to its pre-water damage condition while preventing structural deterioration and mold growth. There are several essential steps that SERVPRO will take to get your property back in excellent condition.
Water Extraction is the top priority. However, before this can be initiated, an assessment and inspection will be done to stop the source of the water (if applicable). The rapid water removal will lessen the on-going damage caused by the absorption of walls, ceilings, carpeting, upholstery, and fabrics; not to mention wooden structural materials. Naturally, the severity and volume of the standing water will dictate the correct course of action. No guesswork is involved since that careful inspection has set the tone for restoration. Our water damage restoration experts will arrive with multiple types of equipment. Truck-mounted water pumps, ride-able water vacuums, sump pumps, wet vacs, even squeegees are all at the ready. Sump pumps can quickly remove large volumes of water from critical areas like basements or lower level rooms
We will inventory each room that has sustained water damage. We have a proprietary software program developed by our SERVPRO Corporate Office called the CCIS. The Contents Claim Inventory Service report will list items and building materials as salvageable, non-salvageable or questionable. This detailed report will help with your insurance claim and save you money. We are willing to cooperate with you and your insurance adjuster in the water damage restoration process. We are considered either a preferred vendor or at the top of the list, of over 300 insurance and property management companies. We can help alleviate stress from the entire claims process.
Moisture Mapping is a process of determining moisture levels, in real numbers, throughout the affected areas of your property. This may include infra-red detection for temperature variations, moisture meters, and hygrometers to ensure all hidden pockets of water or moisture are uncovered and dried. We utilize large, powerful air movers to increase circulation, thereby increasing the evaporation rate of unwanted water and humidity. Dehumidifiers, chemical, and mechanical types are also installed for rapid and thorough drying. The final touches include fogging with specialized equipment to deodorize and to sanitize your home.
Choose SERVPRO Today
If your property in Matthews has water damage in need of restoration, then give a call to SERVPRO. Our industry experts are IICRC-certified, which means industry standards have been met for professional water damage restoration protocols. We enhance this training with corporate and franchise level reinforcements. With the use of e-training to maintain cutting-edge techniques and tools, we can offer you outstanding service. Our goal is to minimize the costs and inconvenience to you as we restore your home to preloss condition--"Like it never even happened."
Locally Owned and Operated
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews is close by and ready to respond--24/7--to your flood or water damage emergency in Matthews, Mint Hill, and Pineville. We are proud to be of service and are only a phone call away. (704) 847-8001.
SERVPRO'S Trained Technicians and Advanced Equipment
The water loss remediation industry continuously devises new equipment that takes an East Mecklenburg/Matthews property from soaked and deteriorating to dry and clean faster and more efficiently. As amazing as innovative tools are, it takes a crew of seasoned and highly-qualified technicians to use them to the best effect. Professional water remediation companies deliver their best outcomes when the workers pledge to train and recertify on a regular basis.
When you face water damage in your home, you benefit from cutting-edge equipment and crews who know how to operate them according to industry standards. Even diehard do-it-yourselfers recognize that managing water incursions is a tricky business, requiring not only hard work but also a solid understanding of the science behind water removal and structural drying.
Developing professional expertise to mitigate water damage is why SERVPRO sends our crew members to the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) classes. The IICRC is a standard developing and establishing organization worldwide. Skills taught to the employees we sent to remediate and restore your home base their effectiveness on research.
An example of a task that might seem straightforward enough to be within the grasp of every homeowner is carpet water extraction. The equipment resembles a shop vac, and a homeowner typically feels comfortable operating a vacuum. Why SERVPRO requires crew members to complete a comprehensive IICRC course in carpet cleaning relates to the problems that can occur if standards are unknown or ignored.
The art and science of extracting water from carpeting or other floor coverings are not intuitive. An effective way to pull moisture out of a carpet is with a weighted wand extractor. SERVPRO IICRC-trained technicians learned and practiced the techniques that extract moisture without putting stress on the textile floor covering. Inexperienced individuals can stretch the carpet fabric by exerting too much pressure or moving too quickly across a surface. Inappropriate force might cause delamination of the carpet backing from the carpet face.
SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg/Matthews delivers high-quality water mitigation results by arranging for professional training of all our technicians. Schedule an appointment with our top-notch workforce by calling (704) 847-8001.