We Are Here To Help With Your Water Damage
At SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews, we pride ourselves in our service and techniques on properly making every situation to the standard “Like it never even happened.” But what exactly is it that we do to take care of different situations? Water damages can happen in different places in the house but the two most common are on the walls and on the floor. Say your home has this issue and you call SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews to take care of it. We would come in and identify where exactly all moisture is so we don’t come in and start taking apart your whole house but the exact areas. What we would do then is take out the drywall and insulation and then take up the carpet in damaged areas of the floor. If there is any standing water we would use a special vacuum to absorb it. Then to help the drying process we would place fans and dehumidifiers to take out all moisture in the walls and floor. Once that is completed we take out all equipment and replace each area of insulation, dry, and carpet. SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews never leaves a job without cleaning behind ourselves. We don’t want to leave our mark in the house but with you and make your home “Like it never even happened.”
Way To Prevent Water Damage
Here at SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews, we are water damage specialists, and we compiled a small list on how to prevent water damage from happening often in your home:
- Clean Gutters and Downspouts - Clean your gutters at least twice a year to avoid blockage. Standing water can cause damage to your gutters and roof. Don’t forget to clean downspouts to ensure water can flow through, and secure downspouts so that they point away from the home.
- Know your Water Main - Know the location of your water main and shut it off if you leave for an extended amount of time.
- Check Appliances Regularly - Check and maintain your appliances regularly for leaks according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Investigate Leaks Right Away and Fix Promptly - If you choose to ignore any water damage, or postpone making the necessary repairs, be prepared to experience mold, mildew, dry rot, or even structural damage to your home.
- Upgrade Washing Machine Hoses - Old, brittle or leaky washing machine hoses are among the most frequent causes of water loss for homeowners. Replace yours often throughout the year to avoid expensive damage.
- Check Your Water Pressure - If the water pressure to your home is too high, then your pipes and hoses may fail under the high pressure. Buy a water pressure gauge at a local hardware store, attach it to an outside faucet, and turn the faucet to full force. The gauge will give you a reading of the home’s water pressure. Typical homes water systems are designed for a pressure of 40 – 70 psi. Anything above 70 psi will put your plumbing at risk.
- Monitor Your Water Bill - Sometimes, the only way you know that water is leaking is taking a closer look at your water bill. If your usage jumps significantly from one month to the next, then there is probably a leak somewhere in the home.
If you do unfortunately experience water damage, we are here to help. Call us at 704-847-8001.
Matthews Water Damage Advice and Information
How and Why SERVPRO Can Restore Your Matthews Water Damaged Home
If water damage in Matthews has left you with an unwanted mess, you should consider professional water restoration services to get your home back in order. Once more than a small puddle has accumulated on your floor, and more than a mop and bucket are required for cleaning up, call the professionals from SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews. Their services will restore your property to its pre-water damage condition while preventing structural deterioration and mold growth. There are several essential steps that SERVPRO will take to get your property back in excellent condition.
Water Extraction is the top priority. However, before this can be initiated, an assessment and inspection will be done to stop the source of the water (if applicable). The rapid water removal will lessen the on-going damage caused by the absorption of walls, ceilings, carpeting, upholstery, and fabrics; not to mention wooden structural materials. Naturally, the severity and volume of the standing water will dictate the correct course of action. No guesswork is involved since that careful inspection has set the tone for restoration. Our water damage restoration experts will arrive with multiple types of equipment. Truck-mounted water pumps, ride-able water vacuums, sump pumps, wet vacs, even squeegees are all at the ready. Sump pumps can quickly remove large volumes of water from critical areas like basements or lower level rooms
We will inventory each room that has sustained water damage. We have a proprietary software program developed by our SERVPRO Corporate Office called the CCIS. The Contents Claim Inventory Service report will list items and building materials as salvageable, non-salvageable or questionable. This detailed report will help with your insurance claim and save you money. We are willing to cooperate with you and your insurance adjuster in the water damage restoration process. We are considered either a preferred vendor or at the top of the list, of over 300 insurance and property management companies. We can help alleviate stress from the entire claims process.
Moisture Mapping is a process of determining moisture levels, in real numbers, throughout the affected areas of your property. This may include infra-red detection for temperature variations, moisture meters, and hygrometers to ensure all hidden pockets of water or moisture are uncovered and dried. We utilize large, powerful air movers to increase circulation, thereby increasing the evaporation rate of unwanted water and humidity. Dehumidifiers, chemical, and mechanical types are also installed for rapid and thorough drying. The final touches include fogging with specialized equipment to deodorize and to sanitize your home.
Choose SERVPRO Today
If your property in Matthews has water damage in need of restoration, then give a call to SERVPRO. Our industry experts are IICRC-certified, which means industry standards have been met for professional water damage restoration protocols. We enhance this training with corporate and franchise level reinforcements. With the use of e-training to maintain cutting-edge techniques and tools, we can offer you outstanding service. Our goal is to minimize the costs and inconvenience to you as we restore your home to preloss condition--"Like it never even happened."
Locally Owned and Operated
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of East Mecklenburg / Matthews is close by and ready to respond--24/7--to your flood or water damage emergency in Matthews, Mint Hill, and Pineville. We are proud to be of service and are only a phone call away. (704) 847-8001.